Coffee lovers around the globe frequently search for a coffee maker which can satisfy all their coffee needs and the one which stays with them for a longer time. Therefore, here we have brought before you the top 10 best Bunn coffee makers of 2021.
You might have heard the brand name Bunn if you are a real coffee connoisseur. It’s one of the best and leading brands amongst coffee makers. Moreover, if you are searching for a home use Bunn coffee maker or a commercial Bunn coffee maker, your search is over here.
Bunn has been a leading brand, making coffee machines for decades now. Hence, you can trust it even if you are a beginner. In this article, we have provided a genuine and detailed review of each of the coffee makers featured after using it for months.
Moreover, we also had a word with coffee lovers from all over the world to make this article the best.
At a Glance:
- 10 Best Bunn Coffee Makers
- 1. Bunn GRB Velocity Brew 10
- 2. Bunn 55200 CSB3T Speed Brew
- 3. Bunn 52700 CSB2G Speed Brew
- 4. Bunn BT BT Speed Brew
- 5. Bunn Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
- 6. Bunn GRBD Velocity Brew High Altitude
- 7. Bunn NHS Velocity Brew
- 8. Bunn BX Speed Brew Classic 10
- 9. Bunn-FBA33200.0015 Bunn 33200.0015 VPR-2GD
- 10. Bunn VPR-APS Airpot System coffee maker
- How to use a bunn coffee maker?
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Bunn Coffee Makers
1. Bunn GRB Velocity Brew 10
Bunn GRB Velocity Brew 10Budget Pick
Why do we love it?
- You can save your time while you are running late because, this coffee maker takes only 3 minutes to brew a 10 cup carafe
- Also, you can have only hot water any time you require as it has to be kept switched on all the time
- Moreover, this semi-automatic bunn coffee brewer is backed by 3 years of warranty. Therefore, it’s a good deal.
This Bunn 10 cup coffee maker is the top-selling one and one of our personal favorites when it comes to coffee brewing. You won’t believe it but as its name suggests, this velocity brew coffee maker can brew a whole 10 cups carafe within 5 minutes.
Moreover, the brewed coffee stays warm for at least 2 hours after brewing so you can enjoy a hot caffeine shot anytime.
Furthermore, the extraction method uses a spray head that evenly sprays water on the coffee grounds, providing a nice and balanced flavor. However, you have to keep it on all the time as it keeps the water hot. This can be a problem for some people but you can switch it on and wait for 15 minutes to heat.
- Brews coffee within 5 minutes
- Provides hot water
- Front-loading water reservoir
- Simple user interface
- Takes 15 minutes to heat
- First brews may smell plastic
We would recommend this coffee maker for someone who believes in the quality of Bunn coffee makers and wants to enjoy the authentic coffee taste. The build quality is good, but it’s plastic so the first few brews may taste plastic.
Therefore, we suggest you run a vinegar solution through it until the smell goes away. Besides that, it has a good set of features to be one of the best semi-automatic Bunn coffee makers.
2. Bunn 55200 CSB3T Speed Brew
Bunn 55200 CSB3T Speed BrewBest Pick
Why do we love it?
- This Bunn coffee brewer is paired with a stainless steel thermal carafe which keeps the coffee hot for a long time
- Also, the spray head design makes sure the coffee gets well extracted from the grounds
- Moreover, it stores the hot water in its stainless steel water reservoir so there is minimum to no plastic smell
The runner-up and second-best Bunn coffee maker is the 55200 model which comes with a water capacity of 50 ounces and is perfect for a small family who requires strong coffee. Moreover, you will never get late if you use this coffee maker as it will serve you a cup of hot coffee within 4 minutes. Also, its parts are dishwasher safe so you don’t have to clean them by hand.
Furthermore, it has no buttons to switch it on/off; you have to close the lid and that’s when it starts brewing. Although, you have to keep it plugged in all time, or else you can wait for 15-20 minutes to complete brewing. Besides all its flaws, it’s a nice and worthy option for people who want to keep it simple and premium.
- Brews balanced coffee
- Requires only 4 minutes for brewing
- Coffee is served hot
- Does not smell plastic
- Wastes energy
- Build quality is cheap
We would suggest you get this coffee maker if you want to enjoy the cafe-style drip coffee at your home as it’s the best Bunn coffee maker under $200. However, you have to keep it plugged in all the time if you want your coffee to be ready in 4 minutes.
Other than that, you can have hot water any time you want and it also doesn’t smell plastic. Although you have to clean it first with vinegar. Hence, you can surely go for it.
3. Bunn 52700 CSB2G Speed Brew
Why do we love it?
- This Bunn coffee maker comes with a commercial grade stainless steel water boiler to which keeps the water hot all the time
- Furthermore, you have the choice to have the brewing size according to your preferences, starting from 20 ounces to 50 ounces
- Moreover, it won’t make any mess while pouring the coffee from the carafe with its unique spout design
Having a mid-budget cannot stop you from getting a branded Bunn coffee maker. This Bunn speed brew coffee brewer takes one minute less than the velocity brew and provides a full carafe of hot coffee within 3 minutes.
Moreover, it’s cheaper than other Bunn coffee brewers but the build is not as great as its plastic. Also, the coffee might smell plastic at starting but it will fade away as you use vinegar through it.
Besides that, the coffee quality is outstanding as the spray head design makes sure the grounds get equal amounts of water and provide a consistent flavor. Unlike other coffee makers, it has an on/off switch. Hence, you can get this speed brew elite coffee maker if you like it.
- Brewing requires only 3 minutes
- Can brew a 20 ounces travel mug
- Perfect coffee extraction
- 3 years warranty
- Coffee smells of plastic for some time
- The plastic build is weak
Bunn manufactures coffee makers with a wide price range. One such example is this one with a price range of around $100. It’s the best you can get if you want a good-tasting coffee and it will last longer as compared to other drip coffee makers of the same price range.
However, like other Bunn coffee makers, you have to keep it on all the time, whether you are using it or not. Hence, if you are fine with it, you can go for it or else check out other coffee makers on the list.
4. Bunn BT BT Speed Brew
Bunn BT BT Speed BrewStaff Pick
Why do we love it?
- You can enjoy your fresh cup of hot coffee even after two hours of brewing because of its thermal carafe
- Moreover, it can brew 10 cups of coffee at once in 3 minutes so it will never be the reason for you being late
- Also, its unique spray head design makes sure that the coffee grounds get equal amounts of water and are well extracted
Want an old-fashioned coffee maker with some premium looks and a lower price? If yes, this Bunn coffee maker will be the right choice for you. Be it brewing for yourself or a big family, you can do everything with this 10 cup Bunn coffee maker.
It comes with a very popular insulated carafe which can keep the coffee warm for as long as two hours. Moreover, the flavors remain intact.
However, it should be kept on all the time so that it can brew coffee within 3 minutes because the water reservoir heats the water constantly. Besides that, check whether you have a large kitchen counter space or not as it takes a lot of space as compared to other ones.
To sum up, it’s a nice coffee maker with elegant looks and top-quality features.
- Quick brew process
- An insulated carafe keeps coffee warm
- Easy to use and maintain
- Perfect coffee temperature
- No button to start brewing
- Takes a large counter space
Whenever you are craving an instant shot of coffee, this Bunn BT BT coffee maker will always come to your rescue as it won’t let you wait for more than three minutes. You can use this coffee maker if you want to have a small cafe.
Besides the high coffee brewing skills, we were also impressed by its good build quality at such a low price range. Hence, you should definitely go for this one if you have a good amount of space at your place.
5. Bunn Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- You can program your brew within the next 24 hours with this automatic Bunn coffee maker
- Moreover, the build quality is great, and the design looks quite appealing to eyes
- It will last for more than 5 years but for your assurance, the Bunn has already provided a warranty of 3 years with this coffee maker
Having one of the unique designs amongst the Bunn coffee makers, the Bunn Heat N Brew coffee maker will definitely catch some eyes with its attractive looks. Besides looks, it’s a programmable coffee maker which can brew you a coffee whenever you program it with the well-known delay-brew method.
However, it’s the only Bunn coffee maker with this feature.
Moreover, like other Bunn coffee makers, it comes with a warming plate that can keep the coffee warm for a long two hours so no need for any microwave to heat it again. However, the only downfall we can say of this machine is its 10 minutes of brewing time, which is a lot more for a Bunn coffee maker.
- Coffee stays warm for 2 hours
- 3 years warranty
- Temperature remains constant
- Excellent coffee extraction
- Takes 10 minutes to brew
We would recommend getting this programmable Bunn coffee maker only if you have a good budget and the patience to wait for 10 minutes as it brews a pot of coffee. It’s a brilliant choice for people who want to program their brew last night, to get a warm cup of coffee as soon as they wake up or come home after a tiring day.
Hence, you can shortlist this coffee maker if you love the unique and attractive looks of the programmable Bunn coffee maker.
6. Bunn GRBD Velocity Brew High Altitude
Why do we love it?
- Takes only 3 minutes of time to brew a whole 10 cup carafe that too with a balanced flavor
- Similarly, it takes less space with its small footprint, which has the ability to adjust anywhere you want
- Maintains an optimal brewing temperature even when you are not brewing so you can get hot coffee within not time
Bunn coffee makers can make your life easier and coffee flavorful, by saying this we mean, this Bunn GRBD coffee maker with 50 oz water capacity is capable of brewing premium quality coffees which will work as an amazing stress buster for you.
Moreover, you can brew and enjoy coffee within 3 minutes which may take a lot of electricity but is worth the shot of caffeine. Also, it comes with a porcelain warming plate which makes sure you get warm coffee even after two hours of brewing.
You can also switch it on/off according to your choice. However, as said earlier it will use a lot of electricity as you have to keep it on all the time even when you are not using it. Therefore, get it if you are ready to pay your bills.
- Brews coffee within 3 minutes
- Unique carafe spout design
- Extracts right flavors
- Stainless steel water tank
- The coffee machine should stay on
- You have to measure water
If you don’t have a big budget for a pricey Bunn coffee maker, you can have this Bunn RGBD coffee maker which has a price range of around $100 and would save your money in the long run. Moreover, it saves a lot of time and the coffee indeed tastes better than many others at the same price.
Therefore, you can give it a try if you want a simple coffee maker.
7. Bunn NHS Velocity Brew
Why do we love it?
- You can easily turn it off whenever not in use and save a lot of energy
- Furthermore, it provides a good extraction due to its shower head design which provides water equally to all grounds
- Also, its compact and won’t take much of your kitchen counter space
Now never make any mess while brewing yourself a cup of coffee or a big carafe. With this Bunn NHS velocity brew coffee maker, it’s possible to brew coffee within 3 minutes and without leaving any mark. The unique yet useful spout design of the 10 cup carafe makes sure your kitchen counter stays clean. Also, the coffee outlet does the same.
Besides that, the coffee will taste consistent and Bunn coffee makers barely require any kind of descaling so there is no chance for your coffee to taste bitter. Moreover, it can keep the coffee hot for as long as the ceramic warming plate is on and you can keep it on for 2 hours.
Also, it comes with a vacation switch that will let you turn off the water heater.
- Compact design
- Consistent coffee taste
- Coffee doesn’t drip while pouring
- Easy to use design
- Only compatible with Bunn filters
- Brewing takes a longer time
Finally, there is a Bunn coffee maker which will let you switch it off whenever you are not brewing a coffee with its vacation switch. Therefore, you can save a lot of electricity. Besides that, the coffee maker is really good and can provide you with some hot coffee within some time but we observed that it takes longer than advertised.
Therefore, you can have it, but you will require some patience while brewing coffee.
8. Bunn BX Speed Brew Classic 10
Why do we love it?
- You can enjoy your favorite cup of coffee within 3 minutes and with a great flavor
- Also, you won’t get confused while brewing coffee as there is only one button to press while brewing
- Furthermore, it maintains the optimal temperature required for coffee so you can enjoy coffee within minimum time
It’s the last Bunn coffee maker for domestic use as the other two are for commercial use. This coffee maker is also similar to other coffee makers but it won’t waste any of your electricity and will provide good quality coffee like other Bunn coffee makers.
Moreover, it’s light in weight and can be handled easily if you wish to shift your home.
Besides that, the build quality is great but is made of plastic so the first few brews will taste like plastic but after using vinegar the smell will go away. Moreover, the coffee is piping hot and would be great for someone who loves a weak flavored coffee.
Hence, it’s worth trying as its price is also low and it would last for a long time.
- Well filtered coffee
- Brews within 3 minutes
- Coffee is hot
- Drip-free spout design
- The weak flavor of coffee
- Plastic taste
You can have this coffee maker as it’s a nice one and would last long if maintained properly. Moreover, the carafe is strong enough and also won’t make any mess while pouring the coffee. However, the plastic taste may be a problem but it can be solved by running vinegar through it.
Therefore, you can have it as it’s one of the best Bunn coffee makers for under $100.
9. Bunn-FBA33200.0015 Bunn 33200.0015 VPR-2GD
Why do we love it?
- It has a good build quality and is fully made out of stainless steel so it will last for more than 10 years if you maintain it properly
- Also, it doesn’t come with confusing features but only simple switches for brewing coffee so it’s easy to use
- Moreover, it’s a countertop coffee maker, so it doesn’t require any kind of plumbing
One of the best commercial coffee makers by Bunn, this one is really great if you are thinking of starting a coffee shop or a small cafe. You can brew 3.8 gallons of coffee within an hour, which makes sure your customers would never have to wait for a long time.
Furthermore, the build quality is best, and it has a stainless steel internal build so there is no plastic taste to the coffee.
However, it does take some time, but it’s for extracting the right amounts of flavors and aroma. Although it keeps the coffee warm for a long time, therefore, you don’t have to brew the coffee each time. We would suggest to you this coffee maker as it’s cheaper than compared to other commercial-grade coffee makers and works well.
- Two glass carafes free
- Stainless steel internal body
- Requires no plumbing
- Build is sturdy
- Takes a lot of time to heat
- Way too heavy
If you are a fan of Bunn coffee makers and want to start a coffee business, you should get this commercial Bunn, coffee maker. With this coffee maker, you can make up to 14 liters of coffee within an hour. However, it’s too heavy to handle and would require at least two people at a time to handle it if you are thinking of moving it.
Moreover, the freebie carafes are good and keep coffee warm for a long time.
10. Bunn VPR-APS Airpot System coffee maker
Why do we love it?
- It’s a commercial coffee maker which doesn’t weight much and has a small footprint
- Furthermore, it can brew up to 3.8 gallons of coffee within an hour
- Also, the airpot which comes with this coffee maker keeps the coffee warm for at least 2 hours.
It’s the last Bunn coffee maker and also a commercial one that is not that heavy like other commercial coffee makers. Moreover, it has a small footprint so you can place it anywhere and it won’t take up more space.
Therefore, it will be perfect for a small cafe or coffee shop. Also, the build is of stainless steel so it will last longer and also won’t give the bad plastic taste to your coffee.
This coffee maker comes with a 2.2-liter airport which will let you store coffee in it for a long time. What makes it more special is its capacity to brew 3.8 gallons of coffee per hour, so it’s a great deal. Therefore, we would say, at a low price range, you won’t get anything better than this.
- Easy to handle
- Coffee stays warm for a lot of time
- Won’t burn the coffee
- Won’t confuse you
- Does not include the on/off button
- May leak
According to us, this airport system will be a good coffee maker at an office, church, or even at home. Although it’s a commercial coffee maker, you can use it anywhere as it doesn’t take more space than the big commercial ones.
However, new users can find it somehow tricky to use this coffee maker as it doesn’t come with on/off buttons and should be kept on all the time.
How to use a bunn coffee maker?
So now that you know the top 10 best Bunn coffee makers of 2021. Here is a short guide on how to use a Bunn coffee maker in which we have provided some detailed information regarding how you can use a Bunn coffee maker for the first time efficiently. Let’s get started
keep the coffee maker unplugged unless we set it up. First of all, fill the carafe fully and pour the water into the water reservoir by opening the lid. After some time, do it again and place the carafe below the coffee outlet. You will see the water dripping in the carafe, which means the reservoir is full and ready for brewing.
furthermore, take a paper filter and fill it with the required amounts of coffee grounds. Lastly, place it in the brewing funnel for brewing.
plug in the coffee maker and switch it on. It will take at least 15 minutes to heat it up and that’s when you can begin brewing coffee.
After 15 minutes, once again fill the carafe with some cold water and pour it in the reservoir. Furthermore, place the carafe at its place and close the lid.
within 3 to 8 minutes you will see the carafe getting filled with freshly brewed hot coffee. Therefore, let it be until the carafe gets full
Enjoy the cup of coffee by serving it in a cup with some sweets and also do not forget to switch the coffee maker off if you are not going to use it for long.
furthermore, clean the coffee maker by removing the coffee grounds and also running a cleaning cycle. You will get more details on how to clean a Bunn coffee maker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I leave my Bunn coffee maker on all the time?
Yes, you should because Bunn coffee makers keep the water hot as long as it’s plugged in. Moreover, if you start brewing coffee right after plugging it in, it will make a cold one with no flavor and aroma.
How do you deep clean a Bunn coffee maker?
You can descale a Bunn coffee maker by using vinegar or preferably a descaling agent like any other pour-over coffee maker. You can check out how to clean a Bunn coffee maker for more information.
Do Bunn coffee makers need special filters?
Yes, Bunn coffee makers are compatible with special Bunn filters which have good quality and provide a better quality extraction as compared to normal paper filters.
How long should a Bunn coffee maker last?
On average, domestic Bunn coffee makers last for at least 5 years with good maintenance and cleaning, they can even last for 10 years.
Bunn coffee makers are worth the price you will be paying for them. Some other coffee makers might be having additional features, but the coffee quality and long-lasting life cannot be matched. Moreover, they are easy to use, you can check out our article on how to use a Bunn coffee maker to get a clear idea about using one.
Besides that, every Bunn coffee maker comes with a 3-year warranty so it is a great deal to have one. We conclude it by saying; we hope that you loved our article and would get one of those top 10 best Bunn coffee makers of 2021.